Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What kind of bug do I have around my house?

The other day, my husband and I were outside and noticed what we thought were little bits of white pollen floating around. Upon further investigation, we noticed they were baby bugs. He caught one and it was no bigger than a sharpened pencil lead. It had two wings on each side (4 in total) and had striping (think bumble bee striping) down its body. It was a grayish-green color and the body was longer. All of them (I'm talking hundreds) were all floating along with bits of white silk (from a nest?) or cottonball type of material stuck to them. Any idea what they could be? From the wings and body, I at first thought they were dragonflies, but those come from eggs, don't they?

What kind of bug do I have around my house?
I don't know what they were but I do know that they weren't dragonflies. They lay eggs in the water and the nymphs live in the water until adult.

inline skates

No comments:

Post a Comment