Saturday, February 11, 2012

I was feeding my canary orlux moist egg food every day during the molt.he seems a little fat?

he finished his molt 3 weeks ago and still no singing, is that because he could be fat? and should i cut the egg food down to 2x a week? some one told me to give him bee pollen it's better and will make him sing. please advise thanks.

I was feeding my canary orlux moist egg food every day during the molt.he seems a little fat?
You should stop feeding him the egg food. It is too rich for now. He needs to be on a seed and greens diet. Although he probably likes the egg food it is making him fat. Fat canaries don't sing as much. Put him on a 80/20 canary seed/rape seed diet. Also, put his perches as far apart as possible so he can get more exercise. He will lose weight and start singing again.

skates

No comments:

Post a Comment