Thursday, February 9, 2012

The best ways to treat allergies when you are a singer and actor?

Any information will do. The best medications (ones that don't cause drowsiness or dry throat but clear up mucus), food tips, products, exercises, anything. I am a lead in a theater production but have pollen/dust allergies that constantly affect both my nose and throat. I just want to find the best ways possible to deal with allergies so that I can do my best for performances. Thnx for any help!

The best ways to treat allergies when you are a singer and actor?
Get a neti pot. They sell them at most herbal/alternative medicine stores. It's just this little thing that looks like a teapot. You put a warm saline solution in it and put it in one nostril and tip your head. The solution goes through and clears out your nose and sinuses.

I know- it sounds kind of nasty to think about, but it doesn't hurt at all and if you do it once or twice a day it will do wonders for your allergies. Obviously it can't cure them or anything, but it will moisturize your sinuses- good to prevent an infection- and clear irritants out of your nose.

For your throat I would recommend sucking on a throat drop, like Halls or something. It will help your sore throat. If that's the problem. If it's postnasal drainage, that's what the neti pot is for.
Reply:Mucinex is pretty good for clearing up mucus, and it doesn't cause drowsiness or dryness in me. But every product will have different side effects for different people who use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment