Thursday, February 9, 2012

How can I hand pollinate the corn I planted in my garden? There are not enough plants for the wind to do it.?

I have very little space but have planted a block of 24 corn plants. I want to hand pollinate to make sure each kernel is reached. When is the best time to do this? Does pollen have to touch each silk?

How can I hand pollinate the corn I planted in my garden? There are not enough plants for the wind to do it.?
Once your corn has good full tassles and the beginnings of ears, walk thru and shake the stalks, you'll get it all over you and the silks. Don't worry whether you hit them all or not...you did.

Next time you plant your corn try this. I was taught by old farmers. Imagine a single dice with the 5 showing. Plant the kernels like that about 4 inches apart and about 4 inches betwen each block. You get 15 kernels in 1 ft.

If you do that then put only a foot between another row, just like that. Plus you can pick from both sides just by reaching in instead of having to walk "in the row and getting stuff all over you.

You can grow alot in 5 ft if you do it right.

Help for melasma

No comments:

Post a Comment